Monday, December 29, 2008

The Kid Brother

So on Saturday night, Priscilla and I were hanging out with Jason & Athena, and the phone rang around 11:30. It was Cilla's younger brother John, and he was wondering if there was room at the inn! We had talked with him for about 6 months about coming out to KC, and he told me that he was thinking about doing it. I asked him when he thought he'd come, and he said, "well, I'm driving around now, and I guess I'll just leave." So he drove through the night from Woodland Park, CO, stopping in Colo Springs to pick up an atlas and say goodbye to Errol & Gretchen. He has a 1988 Jeep Cherokee which has a leak in the rear main seal, so he had to stop every 70 miles to put oil in it. But he made it, arriving in KC around 2pm. It was great to see him, and although he was exhausted, he went out with us to run some errands and grab some essentials like toiletries, etc. He moved to KC with nothing but his Jeep and a change of clothes, but he did it because he felt God directing him to do it. I can't think of anything cooler in the entire world than spontaneously following God. There's a great story in the bible of another man who did that. His name was Abraham, and God did some pretty cool stuff with him, too. Here's to John the Mannon. Kudos to you, bro. May 2009 be a year of incredible discovery, change, and fun for you!

Mark



No comments: