Wednesday, March 27, 2013

27th.

Today in Vegas-
________

I saw a man on his hands and knees in a fountain gathering the change people had thrown in. I wanted to photograph him, because he represents a side of Vegas they don't advertise, but I didn't because I thought he deserved any dignity I could save him. Vegas, baby.
________

I walked two miles to get a donut. (Preemptive calorie burning) Never found the place.

________

I gave every dollar in my pocket to the numerous homeless men I saw because I couldn't handle the way everyone either ignored them or openly disdained them. It kind of became my mission to give something to every single guy I saw. A dollar or two, a bottle of water, a smile and a few words of genuine kindness.
________


I passed up the chance to have my first ever macaron. Because I was alone. And I'm in Las Vegas. I'll wait.
________
 
I went hiking and rock scrambling in the Valley of Fire in my heels and/or barefoot. (Chalk it up to poor planning.) It was amazing. Pictures to come. Of the Valley. Not so much of me and my inappropriate footwear.

________



And, I miss my kids.


--On a side note: The best thing about Las Vegas, is hearing hundreds of languages being spoken around me. Happy soul.

1 comment:

Seth and Sarah said...

I love your kind and compassionate heart. You love well.