Friday, March 15, 2013

15th.

At the end of the month, Mark will be flying to Las Vegas for a job. A couple of days later, I will be joining him! I am so excited for this trip, and it has very little to do with the location. It has been 6 1/2 years since we had as much as an overnight together with out the kids. Thanks to my sweet mother and father-in-law, we will have 3 nights and three days away together!! Joy!

 
Mark will obviously be working quite a bit of that time, but hopefully we will be able to sneak in some time to get out into the city a bit. Or not.... Staying in may prove to be just as welcome of a break! However, there will also be quite a few times I will be left to my own devices to entertain myself. I am sure several books will be on the agenda. (Heaven!)
I've only been to Vegas once, and it was quite fun, but I was there for only 1/2 a day with about 30 friends. We could have been anywhere and had a terrific time. This time it's just Mark and I, or I will be on my own. Most of the typical Vegas entertainments don't hold much draw for us. Anybody have some insider information on the best spots to visit or where the locals go?
Especially sugestions on things to do that don't include gambling or "debauchery". Ha! (seriously, laughing at myself right now).

3 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

lol! you said debauchery... haha.
I am SO excited for you. Praying whatever you do brings such refreshment to your soul. You deserve every minute of that R&R. Love you!

Priscilla said...

Thank you my dear friend! I appreciate that so much. Love you right back! Have a terrific weekend in Branson!!!

Gretchen said...

Wow!! I am so excited for you both! Hats off to Jim and Pat! They will enjoy the kids so much!

I agree with Sarah. You deserve this.

BTW, Mike and Sharon spent their honeymoon there and might have some good ideas. I don't think she reads your blog so contact her another way. Will you have a car?
Wonderful wonderful!